Data protection declaration
1 Information about the collection of personal data
(1) Below, we tell you about the personal data we collect when you use the superrollo Hausautomatisierung GmbH (hereinafter "superrollo") website. Personal data is any data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, email addresses and user behaviour.
(2) The controller pursuant to Art. 4(7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
superrollo Hausautomatisierung GmbH
46414 Rhede, Germany
Tel.: +49 2872 / 933 - 0
Fax: +49 2872 / 933 – 251
You can contact our Data Protection Officer at:
SILA Consulting GmbH
Herr Lukas Fischer
Weseler Str. 9
46325 Borken, Germany
Tel.: +49 2861 80847 700
(3) When you contact superrollo by email, or via a contact form, we will store the data you provide (your email address and your name and telephone number where applicable) in order to respond to your enquiry. We delete the data acquired in this way once its storage is no longer necessary. Alternatively, we will restrict the processing of the same if there are statutory retention obligations.
(4) If we make use of commissioned service providers for individual features of our service offering, or if we wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you below in detail about the relevant processes. We will also specify the specific criteria for the storage period.
2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights in respect of the personal data we hold about you:
(2) You also have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal data with a data protection supervisory authority. To do this, you can contact the supervisory authority for our company headquarters. You will find the address online at the following link: www.bfdi.bund.de/DE/Infothek/Anschriften_Links/anschriften_links-node.html
A. Collection while visiting our website
3 Collection of personal data when you visit our website
(1) When you use our website for information only, in other words without registering, or when you transmit information to us by some other means, we only collect the personal data transmitted to our server by your browser. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which we require for technical purposes, in order to show you our website and ensure its stability and security (the legal basis is Art. 6(1)(1f) GDPR):
This data will be deleted automatically when you leave the website.
(b) Cookies may contain data that enables recognition of your device. Cookies sometimes also only contain information about certain settings however which cannot be attributed to an individual. Cookies cannot directly identify a user however.
A distinction is made between session cookies, which are deleted again as soon as you close your browser, and permanent cookies which are saved beyond an individual session. In terms of function, a distinction is made in turn between:
• Technical cookies: These are necessary to navigate around the website, use basic functions and ensure the security of the website. They do not collect information about you for marketing purposes and they do not store information about the websites you have visited.
• Performance cookies: These collect information about how you use our website, which pages you visit and, for example, whether any errors occurred during your use of the website. They do not collect any information that can identify you. All of the information collected is anonymous and is only used to improve our website and ascertain our users’ interests.
• Advertising cookies, Targeting cookies: These are used to offer web page users appropriate advertising on the website or offers from third parties, and to measure the effectiveness of those offers. Advertising and targeting cookies are stored for a maximum period of 13 months.
• Sharing cookies: These are used to improve how our website interacts with other services (e.g. social networks). Sharing cookies are stored for a maximum period of 13 months.
4 Additional features and offers on our website
(1) In addition to the use of our website for information purposes, we provide various services which may be of interest to you. To use these services you will generally need to provide additional personal data which we will use to provide the service in question and to which the abovementioned basis for data processing will apply.
(2) We sometimes use external service providers to process your data. We have selected and commissioned these carefully. They are bound by our instructions and are reviewed on a regular basis.
(3) We may also forward your personal data to third parties when we run campaigns or competitions, conclude contracts with or offer similar services jointly with partners. You will be given more information about this when you provide your personal information or below in the description of the offer.
(4) If our service provider or partner has its registered office in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will tell you about the consequences of this in the offer description.
5 Service Center, ZenDesk
(1) We use the system provided by Zendesk Inc., 1019 Market Street San Francisco, CA 94103, USA (“Zendesk”) to process service, support and other help requests, and to operate superrollo. We use Zendesk so we can process your requests quickly and efficiently. This constitutes a legitimate interest as defined by Art. 6(1)(1f) GDPR.
(2) We have concluded a Data Processing Agreement (DPA) with Zendesk. Under the terms of said agreement, Zendesk is obliged to only use our customers’ user data to process requests within the framework of the EU data protection standards, and not to disclose the same to third parties. We have agreed upon EU standard contractual clauses for this purpose which have been expanded to include the current requirements of the data protection supervisory authorities. This ensures that a level of data protection equivalent to the GDPR is ensured even in the case of a data transfer to the USA.
6 Objection to the processing of your data or revocation of consent to the same
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you may revoke this at any time. Such revocation has an impact on the legitimacy of the processing of your personal data once you have informed us of the same.
(2) Wherever we use the balancing of interests as the grounds for processing your personal data, you may object to said processing. This is the case in particular where the processing is not necessary to fulfil a contract with you, which will be made clear by us in the subsequent description of the functions. When exercising such a right to object, we kindly ask you to state the reason why we should not process your personal data. In the event of your reasoned objection, we will check the situation and cease or modify the data processing, or present to you our compelling legitimate grounds on the basis of which we will continue with the processing.
(3) Obviously, you may object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. You can let us know about your objection to advertising using the following contact details:
superrollo Hausautomatisierung GmbH
46414 Rhede/Westfalen, Germany
Tel: +49 (0)2872 / 933 - 0
Fax: +49 (0)2872 / 933 – 251
7 Web analytics
1. Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", text files stored on your computer which enable analysis of your use of the website. Information generated by the cookie relating to your use of the website is generally transmitted to and stored on one of Google's servers in the USA. However, if IP anonymisation is activated on this website, your IP address will be shortened by Google beforehand within member states of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address transmitted to one of Google's servers in the USA and shortened there. Google uses this information on behalf of the operator of this site to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activities, and to provide the website operator with other services related to use of the website and the internet.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics is not combined with any other data held by Google.
(3) You can prevent storage of the cookies by changing the respective settings in your browser. However, we wish to point out that some functions offered by the website will not be fully available in this case. Furthermore, you can prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) by Google, as well as the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the “_anonymizeIp()” extension. This means that IP addresses will be processed in truncated form thus preventing them from being directly linked to a particular individual. Where the data collected about you contains a personal reference, this will be excluded straight away and the personal data will then be erased immediately.
(5) We use Google Analytics so we can analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. We can use the statistics obtained to improve our site and make it more interesting and attractive for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which your personal data is transferred to the USA, we have agreed upon EU standard contractual clauses with Google which have been expanded to include the current requirements of the data protection supervisory authorities. This ensures that a level of data protection equivalent to the GDPR is ensured even in the case of a data transfer to the USA.
8 Data security
(1) We have implemented technical and organisational security measures to prevent unwanted access to your data. We have contractually obliged our employees to treat personal data confidentially and carefully. All of our service providers are also monitored by us. During your website visit, we use the common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) procedure in conjunction with the strongest level of encryption supported by your browser in each instance. This is usually 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we revert to 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can tell if an individual page of our website is being transmitted in encrypted form from the closed appearance of the key and lock icon in the status bar at the bottom of your browser.
(2) We also use suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against random or deliberate manipulation, full or partial loss or destruction, and against unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continually improved in line with the latest technological developments.